Configure Telenet as a Daemon

Josef Sevcik josef.sevcik at siemens.com
Tue Jul 22 07:07:04 PDT 2003

 From manual page:
     The telnetd command is a server which supports the DARPA standard
TELNET
     virtual terminal protocol.  Telnetd is normally invoked by the internet
     server (see inetd(8)) for requests to connect to the TELNET port as
indi-
     cated by the /etc/services file (see services(5)).  The -debug
option may
     be used to start up telnetd manually, instead of through inetd(8).  If
     started up this way, port may be specified to run telnetd on an
alternate
     TCP port number.

Did you try it?