Editing PDFs

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Jul 22 04:59:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:36:01PM +0800, Ng, Wey-Han enlightened us
thusly
> > So I could work this way
> >
> > pdf --> bmp -->add over text --> "print"(=.ps) --> ps2pdf.
> >
> > The first stage could be done by ghostscript; Adding over text can
> > certainly be done in windows, so I presume gimp can do it also, and
> > print it to ps.and ghostscript supplies ps2pdf.
> >
> > Just for the pig iron (I got around this task btw) I should try this
> > once.
>
> If the forms you fill does not change every time you fill in one, you
> might be better off producing your own soft copy in any popular word
> processor.  Better yet, if the word processor has a form capability. I
> don't think anyone will notice the difference. :)

I'm nearly as bad with a w.p. as I am with config files. I was hoping
for an automated way around that. This was one particular need for one
particular person. The only pdf editor I am aware of is acrobat. And
acrobat is one of those words like mocrosoft and gif that you do a
double-take with every time to see if saying it is going to cost you
money ;-)

This is why I love open source - I don't like paying those creeps money!
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org