viminfo?

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Tue Jul 22 04:38:04 PDT 2003

[22.07.2003] Tony Wang <-- :
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:04:27AM +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> >
> > Now depending on which older file you want to reload, in vim do:
> >   '0
>
> Thank you very much! But I remember that when I use vim under my host
> system redhat 8.0, every time I start vim it will go exactly where I
> left last time, It's is automatically and need't "'0" keys to be
> pressed. That is some convenient for me.

Ah, I see what you want. What about just adding a little autocommand?
Would look like this (maybe you have already as section like this
where you would then add the little group):

if has("autocmd")

" automatically start at last position in last file which we exited
" I call this group allfiles cause it is for just every kind of file
augroup allfiles
  autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead * '0
augroup END

endif " has("autocmd")