Editing PDFs

Csaba Henk tphhec01 at degas.ceu.hu
Tue Jul 22 03:53:24 PDT 2003

In article <20030722090746.GB190 at genius.chateau.dec>, "Declan. Moriarty" wrote:

> So I could work this way
>
> pdf --> bmp -->add over text --> "print"(=.ps) --> ps2pdf.
>
> The first stage could be done by ghostscript; Adding over text can
> certainly be done in windows, so I presume gimp can do it also, and
> print it to ps.and ghostscript supplies ps2pdf.
>
> Just for the pig iron (I got around this task btw) I should try this
> once.

Bah... this chain would produce a huuuuge pdf. Moreover, it would store
characters as images and not as fonts. Thus, eg. pdftotext would give an
empty file... It has no use.

Btw, the it is said that latest OpenOffice can save docs as pdf (tho I
didn't see latest OO personally). Just think a moment, what could it mean?
You could produce pdf's from your doc with older versions as well ("print to
file"). Now you can *save* them as pdf. Doesn't it mean that OO can open
them as well? Anyone who tried latest OO?

--
Csaba

Set theory is the LSD of mathematics
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org