viminfo?

Tony Wang wwang at party.to
Tue Jul 22 03:54:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 06:20:26PM +0800, Ng, Wey-Han wrote:
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:20:26 +0800
> From: "Ng, Wey-Han" <meehoon at pd.jaring.my>
> To: "blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org" <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: viminfo?
>
> Quoting Tony Wang <wwang at party.com>:
>
> > Under RH8.0
> > ============
> > which vi
> > alias vi='vim'
> >         /usr/bin/vim
> > and there is neither a .vimrc file under $HOME directory nor a vimrc
> > file under /etc, /usr/etc, /usr/local/etc or /opt/etc directory.
>
> what about vim?
> type 'alias <enter>' and see if vim is set to anything.
>
> Also, I did not see any feature in the vim help that describe what you see in
> RH.
Have not I make myself clear? I mean that every time I start vim with a
file which I have edit sometime before, it will automatically goto the
line last time I edit this file despite how many other files have beed
edit between.

> --
> Han.

Under RH8.0
alias
alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty'
alias ll='ls -l --color=tty'
alias ls='ls --color=tty'
alias vi='vim'
alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot
--show-tilde'

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org