lilo can't be beautified

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 03:33:57 PDT 2003

Christian H. Kuhn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The lilo beautified hint did not work here. I'm using lilo 22.5.4
> with debian and 22.5.6 with lfs (nasm installed). I copied logo64a.bmp
> and logo64a.dat to both /boot, created symlinks /boot/boot.b directing
> to /boot/boot-bmp.b, the last not existing, therefore not
> understanding what i'm doing, but FBBG, run lilo -E /boot/logo64a.dat
> -v, lilo says Using bitmap file:  /boot/logo64a.bmp, but doesn't. So i
> tried lilo -v 3 -B /boot/logo64.bmp, and i found nowhere in the output
> the slightest mention of a bmp. Certainly i'm doing something wrong?

If boot-bmp.b doesn't exist, that's almost certainly a starting point -
I'm surprised even running lilo works...

For my part, I simply use the following additions to lilo.conf (using
lilo 22.2, no idea if it's different in 22.5):

bitmap = /boot/ins64a.bmp
bmp-colors = 14,11,,15,9,0
bmp-table = 21,287p,2,4,175p

And /boot looks like: