viminfo?

Tony Wang wwang at party.com
Tue Jul 22 03:05:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:40:22PM +0800, Ng, Wey-Han wrote:
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:40:22 +0800
> From: "Ng, Wey-Han" <meehoon at pd.jaring.my>
> To: "blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org" <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: viminfo?
>
> Quoting Tony Wang <wwang at party.com>:
>
> > Thank you very much! But I remember that when I use vim under my host
> > system redhat 8.0, every time I start vim it will go exactly where I
> > left last time, It's is automatically and need't "'0" keys to be
> > pressed. That is some convenient for me.
>
> You might want to check if RH8.0 alias vim with any options. That might do
> the trick. Also check if vim's configuration files on your RH8.0 to see if you
> are missing something from it that will make it work the way you describe.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Han.

Under RH8.0
============
which vi
alias vi='vim'
        /usr/bin/vim
and there is neither a .vimrc file under $HOME directory nor a vimrc
file under /etc, /usr/etc, /usr/local/etc or /opt/etc directory.

But it works perfectly:
edit A, goto 500 line, quit, edit B, quit, edit A again, it will goto
500 line automatically.

Under my lfs system
============
Althouth the following lines
set viminfo='20,\"50
set history=20
are really in ~/.vimrc file, but when I run a vim and type ":set" to
"Show all options that differ from their default value.", these two
variables disappear, while other variables such as "hlsearch",
"textwidth" set in ~/.vimrc appear.

Represent:
Every time I edit a file, it goto the first line.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org