Configure Telenet as a Daemon

Guenter Hopf qe1 at qe1.org
Tue Jul 22 00:48:43 PDT 2003

hi,

well if you _really_want_ to install a telnet server (think security),
you'll need some sort of inetd (xinetd is in the blfs-book,
http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/1.0/server/xinetd.html) and
configure it to start your telnet daemon, as soon as someone connects to
port 23 (or whatever port you want your telnet service to listen to).
please don't ask me about the config, i never used xinetd, but i'm sure
man is your friend ;-)

cheers,
guenter

--
Kiss that frog, and you will get your prince... 8)

ICQ # 33638817           ---   jabber: qe1 at home.qe1.org
e-mail: qe1 at qe1.org      ---         http://www.qe1.org