Configure Telenet as a Daemon

Amit Mehra amitm at tgs-solutions.com
Tue Jul 22 00:17:06 PDT 2003

Hello Everybody,
                        I have been facing problems configuring my boot
scripts to configuring telnet as a daemon. I found no steps to configure
files in inetd directory.

 I have installed inetutils-1.4.2 from BLFS and am not able to run the
telnet like services in this package, as a daemon.

I searched the linuxfromscratch site (
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-museum/2.3.1/LFS-BOOK-2.3.1-HTML/x1922.html)
and found that this site instructs the  required configurations  but for
this is for an older version of LFS. How do we configure this for
LFS4.0? And shouldn't these steps be included in BLFS books?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,
Amit