dhcpcd shutdown

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Mon Jul 21 23:41:05 PDT 2003

Matthias Berndt wrote:

> I think this isn't my problem. I suggest that shutting down dhcpcd is
> attempted twice and you can't stop it a second time.
>
> Matthias

You are correct.  It's probably best to leave it alone for now...if you
can put up with an "attn" in your shutdown scripts.  If not, then one
possible proper solution would be to move K80network to K45network in
rl0 and rl6.  If you do that however, there are other things you need to
do.  You will need to kill all processes that need the network to be up
prior to K45.  Also, you need to unmount all network filesystems before
K45.

Actually to keep everything happy with BLFS, you'd move sendsignals to
K55, and network to somewhere between K50 and K55, and then a script to
deal with mounted network volumes at K50.  Again, best bet is probably
to just leave it alone. The network filesystems script is bug #318 in blfs.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org