dhcpcd shutdown

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 20 17:41:55 PDT 2003

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Matthias Berndt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to build BLFS-Book 1.0 - especially DHCP with dhcpcd. After
>> setting up the networkscripts LFS (4.0) starts perfect - the right
>> ip-address is received, dhcpcd is running -, but shutting down produces:
>>
>> Bringing down eth0
>> *** /sbin/dhcpcd not running
>
> I get that, but then get a success and nothing seems to be broken, all
> done as suggested in the BLFS book. My dhcpcd command is:
>
> /sbin/dhcpcd -n -R -N -h mnementh -I mnementh

The problem is that in the LFS bootscripts, it kills all processes started
by init [K50sendsignals].  dhcpcd falls into this category.  The shutdown
network script at [K80network] is ran later, but dhcpcd has automatically
been shut down already.

People seem to propose moving K80 to K45 to prevent this error from
happening.  I personally do not know all the good/bad reasons for that [I
have heard that unmounting remotely mounted filesysetms after internet is
shutdown is probably bad].
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org