Editing PDFs

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Mon Jul 21 10:31:11 PDT 2003

What's the handiest way of doing this? Google is fairly unproductive on
this. My particular application was to open a form in pdf format, write
in information in the blanks, and write it again as a pdf. Everything
seems to want to convert or divert pdfs, not process them.

Gs I have, and Acroread. Gs supplies pdf2ps, and ps2pdf, as well as
pdfopt, which optimises the things sizewise, I gather. So I could go
this route:
pdf --> ps --> editor --> ps --> pdf --> pdfopt, but you who
know me will realise that I, my fonts, or locales would fall over
somewhere on that route ;-).  I presume there is a wsyiwsg ps file
editor somewhere in linux?

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.