Proc Does not mount

Amit Mehra amitm at tgs-solutions.com
Mon Jul 21 07:22:46 PDT 2003

Hello Everybody,
I found my queries related to LFS and BLFS hence am posting the queries on both
the mailing lists.

          I have been facing problems configuring my boot scripts. It seems to me
that LFS4.0 doesn't have instructions for proper configuring of few steps, for
example creation of symbolic links from /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S20mountproc to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/moutproc or to configuring telnet as a deamon.(Although this
being a part of BLFS I did not get information on how to configure inetd).

Thanks to your previous suggestions, creation of sym link did resolve the problem
of Proc. But shouldn't these steps be included LFS 4.0 book or the HTML pages??
Another related question to this is that I have installed inetutils-1.4.2 from
BLFS and am not able to run the telnet like services in this package as a daemon.
I searched the linuxfromscratch site (
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-museum/2.3.1/LFS-BOOK-2.3.1-HTML/x1922.html)
for this and found that required configurations are explained on this page but
for an older version of LFS. How do we configure this fro LFS4.0?

Kindly advice.
Thanks,
Amit