Tinny or huge mistake ?

thunderben at free.fr thunderben at free.fr
Mon Jul 21 00:31:09 PDT 2003

Hi List,

Nick Matteo wrote :
> You should be able to use /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/build/include
instead,
> I think.

I'm sorry, but the /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/build point to the directory I
removed !

> But the next time you build a kernel, keep the source ;)

I promise :o)
(I think it's will be very soon).

Matt Burgess wrote :
> I too (and many others I'm sure) can vouch that the kernel-supplied
> module works just fine. I've got an 8139too based NIC here and I don't
> have any problem.

Thank for this advice !

Are you talking about "/lib/modules/<kernel-
version>/kernel/drivers/net/dummy.o" ?

I insmod-ed it it seems to be ok (lsmod show it), but what are the means to
check if it handle my 8139 based NIC ?

Cheers--
Benoît
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org