Configuring kernel for fam

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sat Jul 19 12:21:02 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 01:28, Keith Harwood wrote:
> I would like to get full value out of fam. However, it reports that it has to
> poll files because kernel (2.4.20) isn't cofigured with imon. How do I do that?
> I can't find anything that seems relevant in the config file, nor when I do the
> menuconfigure.

On Linux, fam doesn't use imon, it uses dnotify (which is "just there"
in the kernel so you don't have to fret over it).  To get fam to use
dnotify there's a patch you'll need from SGI's site that's in the same
place as the fam source code.  After you apply the patch to the fam
source, it appears you'll need to run autoconf (just type `autoconf` in
the top of the source for fam, nothing fancy needed) to rebuild the
configure script or it actually won't change anything much.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org