Locales?

Andrew Fyfe a.fyfe at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 08:43:00 PDT 2003

Philipp Frank wrote:
> Hi again :)
>
> I need german characters for xchat, for I'm hanging around in
> german chatrooms... so... what do I have to do? I tried to set
> "LANG=de_DE" and "LC_ALL=de", but I just get "locale not supporte
> by c-library, falling back to standard C" or something like that...
> I'm pretty sure that I have all the locales from the glib, my
> /usr/share/locale and /usr/lib/locale are really stuffed...
>
> The german-HOWTO was of no help, so, does anybody know what to do?
> If I have to change more than just xchat, well, that's ok too, if
> just anybody can give me any hint, everything from google is very
> specific to distributions...
>
> Cheers
> Philipp
Hi,
You need to make sure the german locales are installed for glibc, to
install them run:

localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE
localedef -i de_DE at euro -f ISO-8859-15 de_DE at euro

Then settinging LC_ALL to de_DE should do the trick.

--
Andrew Fyfe ( a.fyfe at tiscali.co.uk )
LFS ID: 7059

	"Good things come to he who waits."