2 little gnome2 issues left

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Jul 18 21:38:55 PDT 2003

> Okay..my magic tiny title bar disapeared on it's own when I
> recreated my
> .xinitrc.  In both of them (old and new), all _two_ lines of it look
> identical to me, but who knows :-/  Anyhow I get a couple of small
> annoying errors now.  They are not major, but more a nusance.
>
> For the possibility of error, my .xinitrc contains only this:
>
> exec metacity &
> exec gnome-session

DJ -

In the past when I've used GNOME, I've never explicitly started
metacity - I always just exec gnome-session from .xinitrc, and it takes
care of starting the window manager.  Myself, I think this is better
because GNOME can run from different window managers, and this is
controled via the GNOME control panel - try taking the line explicitly
calling metacity from your xinitrc, and see what happens.

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org