Locales?

Philipp Frank Philipp.Frank at web.de
Fri Jul 18 12:46:57 PDT 2003

Hi again :)

I need german characters for xchat, for I'm hanging around in
german chatrooms... so... what do I have to do? I tried to set
"LANG=de_DE" and "LC_ALL=de", but I just get "locale not supporte
by c-library, falling back to standard C" or something like that...
I'm pretty sure that I have all the locales from the glib, my
/usr/share/locale and /usr/lib/locale are really stuffed...

The german-HOWTO was of no help, so, does anybody know what to do?
If I have to change more than just xchat, well, that's ok too, if
just anybody can give me any hint, everything from google is very
specific to distributions...

Cheers
Philipp
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org