blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Jul 18 06:54:49 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Jan Van Belle wrote:
>
> > Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Linux wrote:
> > >

> > > I don't have that problem, but for me it doesn't correctly show
> > > superuser shells (with a # instead of a $ at the end) - anyone know how
> > > to fix this?

 Any joy on the '$ or #' part of this ?  I've got my PS1 prompts set to
include "\$" on my boxes, but last night I discovered that on my iBook
root's prompt (when logging in directly) shows '#', but as a normal user
the prompt stays at '$' even after su'ing to root.

 Is my bash broken ?

Ken
 --
You'll always find me out to lunch