4.1; spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Jul 18 01:36:35 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 03:28:01PM -0500, Albert Wagner enlightened us
thusly
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:08:14 -0500 Albert Wagner <alwagner at tcac.net>
> wrote: <snip>
> > Thanks to all who replied.  I googled, as suggested, and found many
> > different opinions.  However, I suspect it is fixable by using
> > different kernel configs;  I am using the same hardware as I used
> > for LFS-4.0 and previous versions of LFS, and never encountered this
> > before.  One of the googled messages said that if I had IO-APIC
> > support and AMD/VIA combo chipset, then that would explain it.  I do
> > in fact have AMD/VIA and had LOCAL_APIC set.  I recompiled the
> > kernel with it unset.  I'll report back if it seems fixed.
>
> It's been a couple of days and I have booted and started X several
> times without reoccurance of the error. It's just anecdotal but
> unsetting LOCAL_APIC in my kernel appears to have worked for me.  --
> Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org and put
> 'unsubscribe blfs-support' in the subject header of the message

It sounds then like you told your kernel it had two different interrupt
controllers, the VIA one and the old 8259 :-/

That's good to know  (says he running an AMD cpu on a VIA chipset) :-P
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org