remote permissions

Sam Halliday fommil at yahoo.ie
Thu Jul 17 09:30:57 PDT 2003

hi there,

this is definitely an RTFM question... so i'm asking which "friendly" manual to
read: how do i set up device permissions for non-local (ie ssh'd in) users? i
have a user who keeps threatening to play a "boo!!" audio file really loud to
scare me :-D and i dont want to revoke any group membership for him as he
sometimes is at the machine physically. (turning off device permissions in a
cron job would also be nice, but thats for later)

i do not use PAM, and i would rather avoid having to install it, if at all
possible.

cheers,
Sam
--
Marge: We're just going to have to cut down on luxuries.
Homer: Well, you know, we're always buying Maggie vaccinations for diseases she