blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

Jeff Surgeson [blfs] linux at herbasource.com
Thu Jul 17 07:26:36 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Burgess" <ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:16:37 +0000 (UTC)
> linux at herbasource.com ("Linux") wrote:
>
> > when I run set -x it responds with
> > + set -x
> > when I run ./etc/profile > profileresults     it responds
> > bash: ./etc/profile: No such file or directory
> >
> > This obviously does exist and it creates an empty profileresults file
> > so I have no attached it
>
> It should be . /etc/profile (note the space inbetween the . and the name
> of the file).
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt.
> --

OK thank you to all for the help  have found the problem, there has to be a
space between string in commas and closing ]
My only programming experience is php, html and a bit of vb so bash
scripting is verrrry new to me, and  whitespace is not very critical.

Thanks for putting up with me and my dumb questions, will get my linux box
working properly soon so I can dump my win box :-)

Ill be back................

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org