blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 07:19:55 PDT 2003

Linux wrote:
> [...]
                              ^  put a space here in your /etc/profile
> [: missing ']'
> +++ id -u
> ++ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
> ++ '[' -d /usr/X11R6/bin ']'
                           ^ see the one here!
> ++ pathman /usr/X11R6/bin last
> ++ echo /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin::/usr/X11R6/bin
> ++ /bin/egrep -q ' (^|:) /usr/X11R6/bin($|:)'
> ++ HISTSIZE=1000
> ++ PS1=[\w]
> ++ '[' -z '' -a '!' -f '/root/.inputrc]'
> [: missing ']'
> ++ '[' -f /etc/dircolors ']'
> ++ export PATH HISTSIZE PS1 LS_COLORS INPUTRC

That is your error.  Also, FYI you can substitute the command source in
place of the "." in the above instructions from our fellow list readers.
  The two commands are the same, but (my opinion) I feel that using the
word source is easier to understand than ".".

Also, download Mozilla 1.4 from http://www.mozilla.org for windoze and
use mozilla mail for your mail client.  it supports full useness netiquette.

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink dot net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org