blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

Linux linux at herbasource.com
Thu Jul 17 06:17:16 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Postma" <epostma at nl.tue.win>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

> > > Hmm, that's strange because they look fine. What output do you get if
> > > you run
> > >
> > > ~ $ set -x
> > > ~ $ . /etc/profile
> > >
> > > from your normal shell?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Erik Postma (Email: reverse the order of nl, tue and win.)
> > > --
> > > message
> > >
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:25:45 +0000 (UTC), linux at herbasource.com ("Linux")
> wrote:
> > I get bash: ~$: command not found
> >

> Sorry, I haven't been very clear. By "~ $" I meant your prompt. I'd like
> you to type "set -x" first and then ". /etc/profile" (without the quotes).
> Or maybe you could make that ". /etc/profile > profileresults" and then
> attach the profileresults file to your next post.
>
> Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't top post -- see
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette ; the piece about replying
> below quoted text.
>
> --
> Erik Postma (Email: reverse the order of nl, tue and win.)
> --

Sorry am using windoze and outlook express as my blfs system not yet
finished and I cant bottom post, so will try inserting reply below.

when I run set -x it responds with
+ set -x
when I run ./etc/profile > profileresults     it responds
bash: ./etc/profile: No such file or directory

This obviously does exist and it creates an empty profileresults file so I
have no attached it

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org