blfs book -suggested /etc/profile

Erik Postma epostma at nl.tue.win
Thu Jul 17 05:47:35 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:25:45 +0000 (UTC), linux at herbasource.com ("Linux")
wrote:
> I get bash: ~$: command not found

Sorry, I haven't been very clear. By "~ $" I meant your prompt. I'd like
you to type "set -x" first and then ". /etc/profile" (without the quotes).
Or maybe you could make that ". /etc/profile > profileresults" and then
attach the profileresults file to your next post.

Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't top post -- see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette ; the piece about replying
below quoted text.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org