OT: crossplatform C++

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 17 04:35:51 PDT 2003

Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel wrote:

>Thank you all again,
>
>I know about patterns, GoF and so on... but nothing about STL, so I will
>read that paper (don't tell anyone ;-)
>
>I don't want to make the one an only one library ;-) Just came across a
>just-linux-oriented program, that the marketing team :-( wants to be ported
>to... XP! Since... the next month they will want it ported to Solaris, HP-UX
>or whatever... I just want to isolate the pthread-depending code snippets
>and so on...
>
>Miguel Ángel

Solaris / HP / etc shouldn't be too much of a problem - for the most
part, they're compatible (POSIX standards). XP, on the other hand -
you're going to have issues with pretty much anything that isn't part of
the language itself. Like Alexander said, stuff like UI, threading, and
network access are going to be a pain (unless you do it all under Cygwin
or some other Unix layer for Windows).

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org