Problem getting 16 Colors to work in Pine [NOTABUG]

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Thu Jul 17 03:00:24 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 21:51, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> On 7/16/2003 9:48 PM, Ian Molton wrote:

> > Oh god not again.
> >
> > Sadly, I /cant/ say for sure based on past experience that Dagmar /wasnt/
> > being derogatory, but in this case I dont *think* he was trying to be.
>
> Nope, that's just his way *sigh*.  Probably having a bad day too for all
> we know.  There has been such a flood of newbies over the past year or
> so that I really shouldn't blame him.  Sorta like when I answer a call
> and the first thing I ask is is it plugged in... turned on, etc...

Not to feed into a pointless argument, but I'd like to know exactly how
suggesting someone adjust the contrast on their monitor is
_derogatory_.  Until yesterday no screenshots had been given and the
description didn't exactly say "nothing at all is being displayed for
the final 8 colors".  It's rather _common_ for people to overlook the
difference between the high-intensity and low-intensity colors actually,
so it seemed to me to be a /perfectly reasonable/ thing to suggest.
(Personally I don't think the contrast X uses is sufficient for most
displays, but the VT100 specs set the exact brightness levels involved.)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org