NTL and cable modems

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Thu Jul 17 01:53:30 PDT 2003

> > NTL are giving a 50% discount on cable modems for a year.

Of course NTL sell cable modems; They have the same mindset as the
banks. What I should have said is that they are offering 50% discount
the service until august 2004, which would have given people a better
picture.

> Declan,
>
> I'm ntl's UK happy customer,

That's enough censure in itself ;-)

> >I'd need a kernel rebuild,

> Why this?

Set up network options, add more modules. Isn't there something about
synchronous ppp /asynchronous ppp I'd have to change?

Thanks for all the feedback. People seem to share my opinion of NTL.
They must be really bad in the UK. Here, everyone is bad. My choices of
isp are:

	1. Eircom - Ex state monpopoly landed a few years ago on it's
backside into the real world and still skidding. Efficient beside NTL
though. Does have asdl  & isdn options.

	2. NTL - about which everyone seems to know.

	3. Esat - Picking & choosing business Services for large bucks.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org