Small Gnome2 title bar

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Wed Jul 16 20:27:17 PDT 2003

Having used KDE exclusively, for <insert your supreme being here> only
knows how long ;-), I've decided to try out some other window managers.
   Thus far, I absolutely love fluxbox, but I figured I'd give Gnome2 a
chance as I have not looked at gnome for the past few years.

It built, by the book, without a hitch.  I started it up, and was
suprised to see no major errors (other than a minor brain fart with
leaving my old .xinitrc in place).  I started a few apps, and was
surprized to see that there was, or so I thought, no title bar for each
window.  I thought this a little weird, no sticky, maximize, minimize
etc.. In it's place was a small colored line.  I droped my X resolution
to 1024 x 768, and surprise surprise there was a title bar.  Problem is,
it is only about 1/16" (~1mm) tall on a 17" monitor.  Anybody seen this
one before?  I've google and checked the archives, but perhaps my search
terms are wrong.  Maybe 'title bar' is not the correct word.  Only thing
in my .xinitrc are metacity and gnome-session.

TIA,

DJ Lucas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org