firebird: undefined symbol: __builtin_new

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Wed Jul 16 20:04:56 PDT 2003

Ulrich Fahrenberg wrote:

> I'm still out of clues on what to do here (other than telling myself
> to stop using precompiled binaries and go and compile firebird
> myself).
>
> uli

Take your own advice above, the firebird build is gravy (so is
Thunderbird if you are interested in that).  The makefile (client.mk)
grabs the sources from cvs, runs configure, and make with one make
command.  You can also define an install prefix in the .mozconfig as
opposed to copying the dist dir as Matt suggested above (either works).
  A simple shell script keeps me up to date on my weekly upgrades and a
backup of the previous build.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org