checkinstall

Leho eesnimi.perenimi.002 at mail.ee
Wed Jul 16 10:33:03 PDT 2003

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 12:35, Leho wrote:
>
>>I want to use my custom build Linux (CVS 2003.06.03) with Slackware
>>pakage management.
>>
>>checinstall results:
>>
>>WARNING: pkgtools are unstable with tar > 1.13.
>>          You should provide a "tar-1.13" in your $PATH.
>>Cannot install linux-2.4.21-i386-1.tgz: package does not end in .tgz
>>

>>But I want to use tar-1.13.25. Is it possible? How?
>

> You make the version of tar it wants named tar-1.13 (ideally, this will
> be tar-1.33) and then you make the version you want to use named just
> plain tar.
>
> The warning is not an idle one.  pkgtools _will_ screw up if you attempt
> to use it with tar-1.13.25, so you do need both versions of tar
> installed.

compiling tar-1.13 ends:

/stage1/bin/xgettext: Non-ASCII string at tests/genfile.c:165.
Please specify the source encoding through --from-code.
mv: cannot stat `tar.po': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [tar.pot] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Input file interpretation:
       --from-code=NAME        encoding of input files
                                 (except for Python, Tcl, Glade)
By default the input files are assumed to be in ASCII.

How to use that option and which encoding?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org