firebird: undefined symbol: __builtin_new

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 09:25:17 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:26:19 +0000 (UTC)
uli at math.auc.dk (Ulrich Fahrenberg) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally decided to give firebird a try, but it (Mozilla Firebird
> 0.6) barks at me:
>
> root at uli:/opt/firebird-0.6 # ./MozillaFirebird
> /opt/firebird-0.6/MozillaFirebird-bin: relocation error: \
> /opt/firebird-0.6/libxpcom.so: undefined symbol: __builtin_new

Unfortunately the only help I can give is say that it "works for me".
I'm actually on a CVS build with updated packages (toolchain is
binutils-2.14, gcc-3.3, glibc-2.3.2).

>From a (very) quick scan of google it looks as if __builtin_new should
be defined by libgcc.a, so this *may* be pointing to a b0rked gcc
install (or at least the C++ part of gcc anyway).

Hope this helps a little,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org