Yet another font trouble

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Wed Jul 16 01:58:49 PDT 2003

I downloaded some free decorative Cyrillic TrueType fonts, but they give me
the following trouble:

Any attempt to display them without Xft2 (e.g. in GIMP or even xfontsel)
results in the following error:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
  Value in failed request:  0x2600007
  Serial number of failed request:  32

Applications that use Xft2 (e.g. all Qt-based ones) work correctly.

I am not sure if the problem is with the fonts or with my
FreeType/fontconfig/X installation. One of the fonts (namely, "a la Russ") is
gzipped and attached to this message so you can test it and report the
results here. Don't forget to test on other distros also.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov