Cups+Pam

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Tue Jul 15 22:08:11 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 00:50, Philipp Frank wrote:
> Hey man! Thanks a lot for your help :)
> > If that doesn't help, tar up using the -jcpvf switches your entire
> > /etc/cups and post me privately - I will check here.
> That's a great offer. If the mime.convs doesn't make you see the mistake,
> I'll gladly come back to that...

I see nothing bad, so please mail the tar file.

Another couple of tests, to narrow down the problem:

Make or download any jpeg or tiff file (maybe other graphics formats will do)
and try printing it with lpr. CUPS does not use ghostscript when printing
images.

lpr -o ppi=100 -o position=top gnu-head.jpg
lpr test.tiff

If that does work, you have a broken installation of ghostscript. If it
doesn't, print some text as a raw file:

echo -en 'Testing text\r\n\f' | lpr -oraw

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org