Fcron+Pam

Philipp Frank Philipp.Frank at web.de
Tue Jul 15 12:53:57 PDT 2003

Hi there!

Somehow I'm missing something about pam... so, I installed fcron,
but trying to "fcrontab -e" I always get
"21:46:40 Could not open PAM session: System error". None of
the various logs contains any more information. I have no clue
what could be wrong.. Here's the relevant part of pam.conf:

#
# The PAM configuration file for fcron daemon
#

fcron account		required	pam_unix.so
# Warning : fcron has no way to prompt user for a fcron account !
fcron auth	  required   pam_permit.so
#fcron auth             required	pam_unix.so nullok
#fcron auth			required    pam_env.so
fcron account			required	pam_permit.so
#fcron account			required	pam_unix.so

#
# The PAM configuration file for fcrontab
#

# WARNING : you cannot use every modules here, as some
#           (such as pam_unix_acct.so) require the program to be run
#           by root or suid root, and fcrontab is *not* suid root.

### By default we do not ask user for a fcrontab account
fcrontab auth	  required   pam_permit.so
#fcrontab auth		     required	pam_unix.so nullok
#fcrontab auth				required    pam_env.so

fcrontab account		    required	pam_permit.so
#fcrontab account		    required	pam_time.so

fcrontab account		required	pam_permit.so
#fcrontab account

Is someone out there to tell me what's wrong? I'd really be
gratefull :)

Cheers
Philipp
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org