Cups+Pam

Philipp Frank philipp.frank at web.de
Tue Jul 15 11:50:31 PDT 2003

Hey man! Thanks a lot for your help :)

> 0) We didn't check the contents of mime.convs.
> cat /etc/cups/*.conv* | grep -v \# | grep -v ^\$ >post.here

application/pdf         application/postscript  33      pdftops
application/postscript  application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      pstops
application/vnd.hp-HPGL application/postscript  66      hpgltops
application/x-cshell    application/postscript  33      texttops
application/x-perl      application/postscript  33      texttops
application/x-shell     application/postscript  33      texttops
text/plain              application/postscript  33      texttops
text/html               application/postscript  33      texttops
image/gif               application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/png               application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/jpeg              application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/tiff              application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-photocd         application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-portable-anymap application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-portable-bitmap application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-portable-graymap application/vnd.cups-postscript        66
imagetops
image/x-portable-pixmap application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-sgi-rgb         application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-xbitmap         application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-xpixmap         application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-xwindowdump     application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/x-sun-raster      application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      imagetops
image/gif               application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/png               application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/jpeg              application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/tiff              application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-photocd         application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-portable-anymap application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-portable-bitmap application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-portable-graymap application/vnd.cups-raster    100
imagetoraster
image/x-portable-pixmap application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-sgi-rgb         application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-xbitmap         application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-xpixmap         application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-xwindowdump     application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
image/x-sun-raster      application/vnd.cups-raster     100
imagetoraster
application/vnd.cups-postscript application/vnd.cups-raster     100
pstoraster

> 1) There is a ppd file describing your printer and its default options in
> /etc/cups/ppd. Find a line containing "cupsFilter". Check that you really
> have a filter named there in /usr/lib/cups/filters.

Yep, it's rastertoprinter and exists

> 2) ls -l /dev/lp0

:) Nice try, but I actually CAN print via "echo thisandthat >/dev/lp0", so
it's really there :)

> If that doesn't help, tar up using the -jcpvf switches your entire
> /etc/cups and post me privately - I will check here.

That's a great offer. If the mime.confs doesn't make you see the mistake,
I'll gladly come back to that...

Cheers, Philipp

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org