Cups+Pam

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Tue Jul 15 00:11:10 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 12:21, Philipp Frank wrote:
> > Post your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf here. Your situation looks like a
> > misconfigured <Location> ... </Location> or pstoraster.convs not added to
> > mime.convs, not as a PAM issue.
>
> Ok, here it comes :) I used convert4r4 to get it from a working
> exim3.35 configuration.

My file differs only by allowing printing from 192.168.4.x computers and
removal of comments and blank lines, and my installation also worked fine
without this. So the problem is somewhere else, provided that you don't type
your FQDN in the browser's address bar (use localhost or 127.0.0.1). Also try
using Konqueror or Mozilla.

Some hints:
0) We didn't check the contents of mime.convs.
cat /etc/cups/*.conv* | grep -v \# | grep -v ^\$ >post.here
1) There is a ppd file describing your printer and its default options in
/etc/cups/ppd. Find a line containing "cupsFilter". Check that you really
have a filter named there in /usr/lib/cups/filters.
2) ls -l /dev/lp0

If that doesn't help, tar up using the -jcpvf switches your entire /etc/cups
and post me privately - I will check here.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org