mysql query question

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Mon Jul 14 20:34:59 PDT 2003

On Sunday 13 July 2003 07:30, Alexander Newald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that it is not really blfs related but I had no sucsess elsewhere:
>
> How do I manage to get "if exists UPDATE else INSERT" in mysql working?
> replace is not the solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander Newald

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/REPLACE.html

REPLACE works exactly like INSERT, except that if an old record in the table
has the same value as a new record on a UNIQUE index or PRIMARY KEY, the old
record is deleted before the new record is inserted. See section 6.4.3 INSERT
Syntax.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org