Cups+Pam

Philipp Frank Philipp.Frank at web.de
Mon Jul 14 16:31:00 PDT 2003

Hi there!

How should I configure pam to use with cups? My current trouble is
that as root I can add and modify printers, but am not authorized to
print a test page. The logs don't contain any hint to a misconfigured
pam, so I'm not sure it's a matter of pam, nor do the logs of cups
itself contain any hint why root isn't authorized (yeah, I had to log
in short before, to add the printer). I tried printing via lp, which
seems not to have a problem of authorization, but it doesn't work for
some other reason (I'll investigate that tomorrow, I can't see any
connection between these two, for the logs contain the
accepted-but-not-printed with an error code of 7 or so, but no hint
about the authorization problem).

I'd really be grateful for any hint.

Cheers
Philipp