prelude begins to suck !

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 14 12:27:08 PDT 2003

Laurent H. said the following on 07/14/03 20:35:
> Jeroen Coumans a écrit :
>
>>I think it would be best if you'd try a new LFS system, with LFS CVS
>>and the pure-lfs.txt hint. Subscribe to lfs-dev, check the FAQ,
>>http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/cvs.html, and the Wiki
>>(http://lfs.sourceforge.net/wiki/LFS) to avoid common problems with
>>CVS.
>
> Isn't there a quickier solution (I've spent a lot of time buiding my
> LFS, and I'm not sure my familly would agree if I bounce in again !)
> ?

Yes, install a binary distro! :) The problem is, your system's basic
foundation is broken or at least contaminated. To _properly_ fix it, the
best solution is a reinstall.
If you'd like an automated building procedure, try an implemetation of
ALFS at http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/

>>>--
>>>Laurent H. (pour m'écrire, enlever nospam. de l'adresse de réponse)
>>
>>Your signature is missing a space. It should be dash-dash-space
>
> I'm sorry, but my signature is only the last line (the dash-dash is
> automatically added by knode (kinda bug ?).

Hm, strange.

--
Jeroen Coumans,
FAQ maintainer