4.1; spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

Tobi Gschwendtner biertrinken at web.de
Mon Jul 14 18:26:45 PDT 2003

Albert Wagner wrote:

>I have installed LFS-4.1 and XFree86-4.3.0.  While configuring and
>testing XFree86 I get a message...
>
>"spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7"
>
>...while typing in commands to the console.  What should I be looking at
>to fix this?  I don't know what a 8259A device is.  Any help
>appreciated.

i think you can savely ignore this message . i don't know what it means but
i got the same problem with LFS 4.0, LFS 4.1 and SUSE 7.3 . i searched
the web
an found nothing except users having the same problem. it seems to do
not affect anything
( in my case everything works fine ). i haven't seen this message since
i've upgraded to kernel 2.5.72.

tobi

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org