4.1; spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

John Gay jgay at celestica.com
Mon Jul 14 12:25:23 PDT 2003

>I have installed LFS-4.1 and XFree86-4.3.0.  While configuring and
>testing XFree86 I get a message...
>
>"spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7"

A quick google on this phrase turns up loads of messages on many lists,
including this one about this.

>...while typing in commands to the console.  What should I be looking at
>to fix this?  I don't know what a 8259A device is.  Any help
>appreciated.

Most of the messages mention this during the initialization phase of the
kernel and the replies suggest it can be safely ignored.

But if it's occuring while your system is running, it suggests that
something has a dodgy interrupt. I'd start looking for faulty cards in your
PC. And read the messages found with a simple google. It'll tell you more
than I can.

Cheers,

      John Gay

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org