Intall GUI over LFS

Amit Mehra amitm at tgs-solutions.com
Mon Jul 14 02:16:34 PDT 2003

Hi Everybody,
                       I am so happy to say that I have finished
installing the linux from scratch over my intel Box. I now look forward
to start the beyond LFS and install a  GUI over my LFS system. For which
I have certain queries, shall be thankful for the replies:

-  Could anybody tell me on how should I proceed for this?
- Currently I look forward to install only the GUI part, is it necessary
to install all the packages given in  BLFS.
- How do I find only the packages which are necessary to install KDE or
Gnome GUI?
- Is there are tarball available for the packages for BLFS?
- I further look forward to transfer my this LINUX system over a CD and
further distribute this over other intel boxes with some installation
steps as in RedHat 8.0 (Anaconda). How should I proceed for this?
- My installation should be enough to packaged on a CD how do I keep
track of the size?

In anticipation..
Amit

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org