Problem getting 16 Colors to work in Pine

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Sun Jul 13 21:47:51 PDT 2003

On 7/13/2003 7:37 PM, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> If you're using an actual fb console, then unless there's something the
> Pine devs should be verbally abused about, setting TERM to "linux"
> should be the correct choice, and it should very well be able to do the
> full set of ANSI colors.  Pine should not be looking at the TERM
> variable at all if it's linked to ncurses (I used to use it and I
> *think* that's what it's using), so you might be overlooking some other
> configuration setting in Pine...

Well, this latest version has 4 choices at the top of Setup->kolor:

-No Color
-Automagic figure out
-Force 8 color
-Force 16 Color

I thought maybe pine had a bug until I tried out the bash script that
also only displayed 8 colors.  I s'pose the documentation as to the
numbers might be wrong.  is 90-97 and 100-107 the correct ranges for the
extended 8 background and foreground colors?  Could anyone verify that
the bash script I posted will display 16 colors?

Cheers,

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org