[XFree86] fcint.h:445: parse error before "encoding"

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sun Jul 13 16:37:43 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 15:24, Vicchius wrote:
> [...]

Yech.  No, Tushar was dead right.  Freetype-1 is obsolete at this point
and can really only cause one pain (which is what it was doing in that
guy's case).  Because the release & bugfix cycles of the Freetype2
library are substantially faster than those of the XFree86 dev team, you
want XFree86 using an external Freetype library instead of it's own
version.  Therefore you definitely do not want to uninstall Freetype2
before building XFree86.  (Maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get to test
rebuilding it all again this next weekend, but I *think* installing
fontconfig ahead of XFree86 may be useful as well now)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org