Problem getting 16 Colors to work in Pine

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sun Jul 13 16:37:17 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 09:54, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> On 7/12/2003 3:18 AM, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 12 July 2003 11:48, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> >> Trying to get 16 color support in Pine-4.56
> >
> > Try to recompile xterm first as said in
>
> No, it's not really an xterm.  It's an actual console (I do use the
> matrox frame buffer @ 8bpp)  I set the term type to xterm-color cos I
> get all the nice colors and the keys seem to be set-up properly in that
> as well.
>
> I ssh into it w/ PuTTY too, but the color results are the same whether
> local console or in PuTTY so I don't think it's that.

If you're using an actual fb console, then unless there's something the
Pine devs should be verbally abused about, setting TERM to "linux"
should be the correct choice, and it should very well be able to do the
full set of ANSI colors.  Pine should not be looking at the TERM
variable at all if it's linked to ncurses (I used to use it and I
*think* that's what it's using), so you might be overlooking some other
configuration setting in Pine...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org