getdate doesn't answer

Laurent H. l.huge at nospam.wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 10 12:10:41 PDT 2003

Ulrich Fahrenberg a écrit :

> I have installed getdate, too, also following the hint. What command
> do you use exactly? With me,
>
> getdate -adjust 5 180 ntp{0,1,2,3}.fau.de
>
> does exactly what it is expected to:
>
> getdate: ntp0.fau.de    Wed Jul  9 21:58:42 2003, Wed Jul  9 \
> 21:58:42 2003
> getdate: time will adjust slowly by -11 second(s) to match \
> ntp0.fau.de.
I truly don't understand : the command you gave me works perfectly,
and so does the command getdate ntp{0,1,2,3}.fau.de (which was the
former command I used), but not a french server (picked from
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1a.html and clock2a.html)
does give a answer to me (either it doesn't exists, or the connection
is refused, or getdate stands running and gives nothing to the
standard output).
So I think I could use the german servers that you gave me.
Thanks
--
Laurent H. (pour m'écrire, enlever nospam de l'adresse de réponse)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org