Default mail in Firebird (was Re: default mail in fluxbox)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 10 05:56:55 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans said the following on 07/10/03 14:28:
> DJ Lucas said the following on 07/02/03 08:37:
>
>> Five days prior to my post, someone released an extention for Firebird
>> that will overide the behaviour above (allow you to select the default
>> applications for mail, news, ftp, view source, textedit...).  Mozex.
>> It can be found at http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/.  By default it'll
>> give you a fit, because of MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable
>> being set, if you try to run thunderbird.  Simple fix I thought, just
>> edit the thunderbird script and kill the if that allows the script to
>> honor that variable.  Other option is to keep Firebird from setting
>> M5H..didn't look into it as the other worked fine.  Hope this helps
>> somebody.
>

> To greatly simplify the thunderbird script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> TBDIR=/usr/lib/thunderbird
> exec $TBDIR/run-mozilla.sh $TBDIR/thunderbird-bin
>
> AFAICT this works perfectly...

Whoops, this doesn't unset the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable. Lets try again:

(how can I let a user specify the TBDIR variable so the script doesn't
override it but still specify it if it's unset?)

#!/bin/sh
# Uncomment next line for debugging
# set -x

TBDIR=/usr/lib/MozillaThunderbird-0.1

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$TBDIR:$TBDIR/plugins
DISPLAY=$DISPLAY
FONTCONFIG_PATH=/etc/fonts:$TBDIR/res/Xft
TB_PROGRAM=$TBDIR/thunderbird-bin
XCURSOR_CORE=$XCURSOR_CORE
XCURSOR_THEME=$XCURSOR_THEME

export TBDIR LD_LIBRARY_PATH DISPLAY FONTCONFIG_PATH TB_PROGRAM

pushd $TBDIR
exec $TB_PROGRAM "$@"

--
Jeroen Coumans,