xinerama weirdness

esaul esaul at reggaetrain.com
Wed Jul 9 13:15:44 PDT 2003

Ok, the open conversation on this forum has been very helpful so far,
however, now that I am trying to start using xinerama, all the DRI issues
seem to have been all for naught.
I am setting up this box for xinerama (not for myself, btw) with a "01:00.0 VGA
compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo 4 / Voodoo 5
 (rev 01)", and another card:
"00:0b.0 VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD 5430/40 [Alpine] (rev
47)" from lspci.
The both monitors start up ok in X, but the secondary one, "Monitor1", the
Cirrus Logic one, only gets updated when I switch VTs (like when I go
Ctrl-Alt-F2, and Ctrl-Alt-F7, the monitor on the left is suddenly updated), but
still frozen and useless. I can still *blindly* drag from or put windows there
and fro, but I can't see any changes on the monitor on the left, unless I
change to the text mode and back. It has the same wallpaper, and all E
controls, but the mouse, for one, is not visible there? What gives?
Could this be an Enlightenment issue? I don't think so, but what do I do?

Thank you in advance.

peace
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org