getdate doesn't answer

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Jul 9 12:58:56 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Laurent H. wrote:

> I've installed getdate, I've followed the *whole* time hint, but the
> result of "getdate server.ntp" is strange :
>         - either my request is rejected by the NTP server (if it exists !) ;
>         - or getdate runs and nothing appears (but I'm sure it calls the
> server because I see outcomes and incomes on my firewall).

I have installed getdate, too, also following the hint. What command
do you use exactly? With me,

	getdate -adjust 5 180 ntp{0,1,2,3}.fau.de

does exactly what it is expected to:

	getdate: ntp0.fau.de    Wed Jul  9 21:58:42 2003, Wed Jul  9 \
	21:58:42 2003
	getdate: time will adjust slowly by -11 second(s) to match \
	ntp0.fau.de.

Of course you might also have a problem with your firewall setup.

uli

--
Uli Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org